Well done to Cowra Shire Council and three of the community’s local sports clubs. Together, they have all been successful in receiving an Office of Sport NSW defibrillator grant to assist with the funding of a defibrillator for their club.
Many club members came out on a cool and wet evening in May to attend the council chambers where Carpet Hughes from the Defibshop presented on Sudden Cardiac Arrest, how to recognise it and how to treat and manage a Sudden Cardiac Arrest should it occur.
“Council is pleased to see the clubs successful in their applications” said Lisa Robertson, Community Projects Officer. “We look forward to working with many more local community groups and sporting clubs to be successful in the next round of the Office of Sport NSW defibrillator grants program” Lisa said.
Pictured above are members from each of the successful clubs:
“It was fantastic to see true community spirit alive and well with members of all three clubs coming along to the evening” said Mr Hughes. “Given the distance and isolation of many rural and remote locations, it is fantastic that the Cowra region is now equipped with three more AEDs” he went on to say. “Whilst our paramedics are very well trained and do an exceptional job under what are often difficult circumstances, they cannot always be a minute or two away when we need them, and so it is important to have public access AEDs in all of our communities” Carpet said.
The successful clubs in the first round of the Office of Sport NSW defibrillator grants program for Cowra are:
Cowra Motorcycle Racing Club
Would you like to join the Cowra Motorcycle Racing Club? Then follow this link: Cowra Motorcycle Racing Club
Cowra Hockey Club
Would you like to join the Cowra Hockey Club?
Then follow this link: Cowra Hockey Club
Cowra Junior Rugby League Club
Would you like to join the Cowra Junior Rugby League Club?
Then follow this link: Cowra Junior Rugby League Club
Here are some feedback comments from our presentation to the clubs:
- Informative, fun, relaxed + simple to follow. Thanks very much Carpet & Kent – presentation + service has been fantastic!
- Yes, it was very clear and easy to understand. I will now be confident to use a Defib machine if needed.
- Should be more of them in the community.
- Professional well presented presentation with informative information, very simplified. Steps all covered with a great speaker.
- The interaction & hands on as well as a great presentation. I think something so simple should be available in more sporting areas and the community.
- Carpet & his extensive knowledge base was great! Thank you for your time and expert knowledge!
- The knowledge of the presenter was great! Excellent presentation.
- Everything was great… we learnt a lot!
- The evening was well worth the time!
- Clear instructions with a touch of humour! He was an excellent and well informed presenter!
If you’d like to submit an application for a grant in the next round of grants to be allocated later in 2018, take a look at the following link: click here
Like to donate an AED to a community group? Contact the Defibshop on 1300 729 575 or email us at info (@) defibshop.com.au to discuss making a donation in your area to a community group!
The Defibshop – Proudly supporting sporting clubs, community groups, churches and many other organisations throughout Australia to be HeartSafe!